Monday, November 15, 2010

2 years later...

I was inspired to do Go ED. I was going to spend a summer in Africa. It was going to be awesome. Plus, I would be the first PHC student to study abroad in Africa. Perhaps I'd make it on the website!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord." (Jer. 29.11)

Unfortunately, God's plans for me did not include Go ED. PHC wouldn't approve it.

So I was left with a newfound interest in East Africa, yet with nowhere to direct that interest. Suddenly, senior year hit. I studied, I wrote, I played, I wrote, I worked, I wrote. I went to Mexico with my family. I got my first 'real' job. I helped plan multiple weddings. I graduated.

Meanwhile, God wouldn't let Africa slip off my radar. In the midst of my senior year, Jennifer spent several months working with Syd and Andrea at Musana Camps in Uganda (yes, where we are going!). I kept hearing from fellow FH interns about various plans to visit Africa, some through Go ED. Right after I graduated, a co-worker left to spend a year in Ghana. World Magazine kept featuring articles on the African church.

Then, in October 2009, there was a brief IM conversation that had long-term consequences.

Now, I am going to Africa. And God-incidentally, to the exact country that initially piqued my interest in Africa over two years ago.

"in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Ps. 139.16)

No comments: