Thursday, November 4, 2010

Me and Malaria. Hopefully not together.



After Chrissy kept telling me about her Mom's concerned emails -- and after I checked my vaccination records, passport expiration date, and State Department travel warnings in the middle of the night THREE times after waking up paranoid that something had gone wrong -- I realized it was about time to start taking action on my...bug patrol.

Yes, bugs.

And not as cute as the butterfly above that I saw last year.

We're talking the big, vicious, scary monsters.


(I didn't take the above image.)

And, more importantly, the disease they can spread to poor unsuspecting tourists.

Malaria.

I decided to call my doctor. She'd give me a prescription, right?

Or not.

"But you haven't been in to see us for two years. You'll have to schedule a full physical with one of our new physicians before we are able to prescribe malaria pills."

Oh reeeeally.

So because I've been healthy for two years, you're going to penalize me for that?!??! Make me do all sorts of blood work and lab tests just for one prescription?!?!

Gooood griiieff.

Grrr.

Who needs the bureaucratic health care system of America? I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I'm buying pills from The Ugandan Chemist.

So there.
:-P

(Oh, and btw, no matter how many times I check my passport expiration date and vaccination records at 3am, its ALWAYS current and valid. Yay me.)


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry you incurred nightmares due to my paranoia. Just a concerned mama.