Monday, November 8, 2010

Indispensable

"Who approved that?" is not exactly the phrase you want to hear when you remind your boss(es) that you will be out of town--no, make that out of the country--for 2.5 weeks.

Thankfully, it was a joke.

Being indispensable, however, is no joke. Does anyone else find it scary that my entire 'department-that-is-not-really-a-department' will grind to a halt during my absence? The mere thought of the e-mails I will have waiting in December makes my heart go bam-boom. bam-DOOM.

But what's a few paltry e-mails compared to the awesomeness of me n'Jenn going to Africa? Throw a few days in London in, and my heart goes pitter-patter, pitter-pat, pause (it's stopped in wonder)!

Besides, isn't a vacation supposed to revitalize your motivation for work?

Work--I leave you in 10 days. May you be kind to me until that point.

Africa--I greet you in 11.5 days. May you be even better than I ever imagined.

No comments: