Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Good job, Mr. Bank Man

"Okay, class, who has a travel-related story to tell?"

[jumps up and down]

"Ooh ooh ooh! Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!"

"Well, Jennifer, I think you must have a story, you should tell it!"

"Ohhhh, whaaat a relief. I thought I'd buuurst if I didn't tell this story!"

[takes a deep breath]

"So here's what happened to me this morning. I was calling my bank and credit card company to give them "travel notification" so I can use my debit and credit card while abroad. Seems easy enough, right? In fact, my credit card company was super duper easy. I didn't even have to talk to anyone. Thats ALWAYS a good day, right? Especially when dealing with grumpy customer service repts.

"Well, it didn't go so well when I called my bank. Ugggh. I had to be on hold AND navigate the menu AND give them ALLLLL my personal information. Here's hoping its not a scamm. Cuz if so, they have everything they need to reeeally ruin my day.

"Also. The guy was a complete moron. Sorr, Mr. Bank Man, but its true. Here's how it happened."

I need your 16 digit account number.
Okay, here it is.
Oh wait, I think I missed a number. Could you repeat yourself?
[I did]
Oh, I found it. Yeah, now i've got it. Thank you, Ms. Peterson. (Aside: PETERSON?!?!? Can he NOT. EVEN. Read?!?!)
So where will you be traveling?
Canada, England, Uganda.
Canada...mmmm...okay. United Kingdom...got it...Uganda? I've never heard of that country before. (Aside: HAVE YOU NEVER STUDIED GEOGRAPY?! You obviously weren't homeschooled. Sheesh.)
Thank you.
Now is that all the countries you're visiting?
Yes sir, thats all. (But ohmyword, thought I, is three countries in 3.5 weeks not enough?? Eeeeeee.)

And THAT is what happened when I called my bank.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Ryan said...

Never heard of Uganda!?!?! Dude... that's painful. :-P