Monday, November 8, 2010

The Best View Ever



I have two favorites places in the whole wide world. One of them is in the middle of nowhere Virginia. And one of them is in the middle of nowhere Uganda. (Do we sense a pattern, say whaaat?!)

In two short weeks (less than, depending on the actual itinerary once we land in Entebbe), Chrissy will get to experience this view. And I will bask in its beauty once more.

Can you say: FINALLY?!?

I would sit on the ridge -- on my favorite rock -- and look out over the water. I will hear the birds singing. I will feel the hot hot equator sun (yes, I do anticipate a winter tan by the time I get back). I will watch for monkey's in the trees. And I will not want to move. Ever. Nothing can beat this sight. Nothing.



It'll be a little different this time. A lot has changed in the past 18 months. But the view will be the same. And that's all I ask. =)



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are two of my favorite places, too! And by the way... at the new house, I have found that monkeys frequent a tall tree below the house to the right... you know... that one tree? I could point it out to you if you stow me in your luggage!

Jennifer Pinkerton said...

Tell your sis she doesn't need any of the supplies I'm taking and you'll have room to fit. :-P