Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pop Culture Speaks

A few years ago -- as I was preparing for one of my trips across The Big Pond -- my friend Nick sent me a link to a Toto song. Now, let me clarify: I am not a pop culture aficionado. He is. Plus, while I am *now* pop culturally literate, I am not literate on culture of the past. And, yes, I would say Toto is of the past. (Does that make sense? Or am I pop culturally illiterate again? *Is* he of the past?)

Also. I'm pretty sure the lyrics make no sense at all.

Probably written while on a not-so-proverbial high?

But it has one line. Which aptly describes the situation right now.

"God bless the rains down in Africa."



Cuz right now, it really really really needs to rain at the camp. And preferably before we show up and want to work on our winter tan.

So please pray that it will rain. Now. Soon. Fast. And hard.

God bless the rains down in Africa.


No comments: