Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Six-pack...vaccines??

Almost two months ago, I received a trio of e-mails from my mother:
  • "Travel to Uganda" (the CDC recommendations for vaccines to visit Uganda)
  • "Flu shots" (get a flu shot and what to bring in our first aid kit)
  • "One more travel item"(don't forget to register with the State Dept!)
Then, a little less than a week later, my favorite email waiting for me after work: "do not swim in fresh water even wade in it in the countries you are going to." (and yes, the message was shorter than the title).

Ahh, my mother loves me. :)

Like a good daughter, I took action. And in honor of completing all the actions she suggested I do, I am posting.

In the past three weeks, I:
-Got malaria medication (did you know Giant stocks that??)
-Registered our trip with the State Dept (the last e-mail they sent me was about the February elections in Uganda...nothing about the UK yet...)
-Received a wonderful first aid starter kit from my mom
-Had 6 (yes, SIX) shots: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Hep A, Flu, Polio Booster, and Meningitis (as Mom said, "you are going to be one heck of a pin cushion.")
So now, let the countdown begin:

Two. Weeks. And. One. Day.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Should I add one more thing to that list??