Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Too Much Adventure, Perchance?


Just off the shore of my everyday life
Only a heartbeat away
Adventure is pulling up anchor tonight
I’ve got no time to delay

I had an idea. A brilliant idea. A fabulously marvelously brilliant idea. I sent Chrissy the link, to see what she thought. "Nile High Bungee" seemed to me to be the perfect type of adventure. An epically amazing experience for our epically amazing trip.

I want to sail
Into the sunrise
Right to the edge of the new
Way beyond me, out ‘cross the sea
Into a beautiful truth
A journey awaits
Incredible stories
I’ll live to tell you the tales


But Chrissy wasn't as enthusiastic. She shot down that idea super super super fast. Faster even than it took me to tell her about it. Faster than I thought possible. I wasn't even done telling her and she said. No. No. No. Really loud. And more than slightly emphatically.

What a spoil sport.

"A blog is the only possible context in which I would ever include the words "Chrissy" and "bungee jumping' in the same sentence." quoth she.

See, thats why she's my friend. And that's why its good I have her around. She makes sure I don't do stupid things. Stupid things like bungee jumping over the Nile. Because whatever adventure I have, I'd really really really rather live to tell about it.

But what do you think? Could we convince Chrissy to bungee jump? Or should I not even try?

(The song is by Scott Krippanye. And might become my new theme song. But I have lots of theme songs.)

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

of course you put a picture on there of someone with wild blonde hair...

Jennifer Pinkerton said...

it totally looks like you, too! wheeee!

Michelle said...

im with chrissy!
im glad you're not going to africa to kill yourself. id kinda like you to come back one day!

Amy said...

Wow! That looks like fun!

Rebekah said...

The person in that picture looks remarkably like chrissy, actually ;)